From: il barbi on
"Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp(a)mvps.org> ha scritto nel messaggio
> It depends a lot on which printer(s) you are speaking of.

my printer is a multifunctional HPF380 with ink cartridges HP21 (black) and
HP22(color), can you suggest some adhoc procedure?
il barbi

From: Lon on
Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
> il barbi <angeieri.barboggi(a)ngi.it> wrote:
>
>> Does somebody know some trick for getting rid of air bubbles introduced by
>> ink refilling? I've always sucked some ink from noddles and made several
>> cleaning cycles but I still get white rows
>> il barbi
>
> Think: 'centrifuge"

Sometimes a Sonicare toothbrush held against the cartridge can help.
From: Arthur Entlich on

Well, for one thing, the HP cartridges you speak of have the head
incorporated in the cartridge. That probably means you need to protect
the head during any procedures to eliminate the air bubbles.

I'll leave the rest to people who regularly refill these types of
cartridges. I'm sure there are some tricks.

Finally, Google is getting really good at finding these kinds of things.

If you put something like:

Refilling HP21 & HP22 cartridges

into the search area, I'd bet you'll get something helpful. I just
looked and there are utube videos and more.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

From: Al on
On Jan 13, 9:15 am, Arthur Entlich <e-printerh...(a)mvps.org> wrote:
> Well, for one thing, the HP cartridges you speak of have the head
> incorporated in the cartridge. That probably means you need to protect
> the head during any procedures to eliminate the air bubbles.
>
> I'll leave the rest to people who regularly refill these types of
> cartridges.  I'm sure there are some tricks.
>
> Finally, Google is getting really good at finding these kinds of things.
>
> If you put something like:
>
> Refilling HP21 & HP22 cartridges
>
> into the search area, I'd bet you'll get something helpful.  I just
> looked and there are utube videos and more.
>
> Art
>
> If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
>    I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:
>
>        http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/
>
> il barbi wrote:
> > "Arthur Entlich" <e-printerh...(a)mvps.org> ha scritto nel messaggio
> >> It depends a lot on which printer(s) you are speaking of.
>
> > my printer is a multifunctional HPF380 with ink cartridges HP21 (black) and
> > HP22(color), can you suggest some adhoc procedure?
> > il barbi

This site looks pretty good:
http://www.cartridgedepot.com.au/dl/tech/HP_212227285657.pdf
That #21 only holds 5ml of ink. Not much to play with there. If you
over fill the black a bit you can just let it drain while if you over
fill the color you can turn the whole thing into a dark green cart.
From: TJ on
il barbi wrote:
> "Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp(a)mvps.org> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> It depends a lot on which printer(s) you are speaking of.
>>
> my printer is a multifunctional HPF380 with ink cartridges HP21 (black) and
> HP22(color), can you suggest some adhoc procedure?
> il barbi

The HP 56 and 57 cartridges I use are similar to yours, but have higher
capacity. The refill procedure is the same. I use the Inktec refill kit
holder and syringe to remove any air that might be there. Look on
Youtube for videos on the HPI-0005D and HPI-0006c refill procedures with
this equipment.

I have the best luck refilling before the carts run out of ink. That is
what seems to draw the air into the passages leading to the printhead.
Also, if you wait too long after running out some ink may dry within
those passages, forming a clog that won't clear out through the nozzle.

I've also had better luck with black than tricolor, and I've had better
luck refilling original rather than "remanufactured" carts. My own
theory, which could easily be completely wrong, is that "remanufactured"
carts are likely to have been run out of one color or another and
slightly damaged in a way that might not show up until they are refilled
and used a while.

TJ