From: Rudy on

Hi, I got a warning about the trojan horse hiloti.L. I ran several scans
after deleting it and it seems to be gone but I lost a dll file. It is
yepiyep.dll. I'm not sure what it is but everything is working OK right now.
I get an error when I boot up telling me its missing. What's the best way to
repair that dll? XP Pro sp3. Thanks.

Rudy

From: philo on
Tin Man Alley wrote:
> In article <JbWdnWV_BbTi9fnWnZ2dnUVZ_tCdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>,
> "Rudy" <rudykube(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi, I got a warning about the trojan horse hiloti.L. I ran several scans
>> after deleting it and it seems to be gone but I lost a dll file. It is
>> yepiyep.dll. I'm not sure what it is but everything is working OK right now.
>> I get an error when I boot up telling me its missing. What's the best way to
>> repair that dll? XP Pro sp3. Thanks.
>>
>> Rudy
>

> You should check the Norton/Semantec or similar web sites or simply
> Google that Trojan name to see if the DLL file itself was the problem.
>
> It may have written itself into the registry. By removing the DLL or
> trojan you ar estill lefty with a registry entry that cannot find it's
> associated file.
>
> If the DLL file is in fact the trojan or a part of it you should be
> able to edit that out of the registry and call it a day.
>
> Back up everything first of course.

Yep

the dll was part of the trojan

just put the exact name into a registry search

then delete it

also run msconfig and see if it's listed in startup

if so, uncheck it
From: Rudy on

"Rudy" <rudykube(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

> Hi, I got a warning about the trojan horse hiloti.L. I ran several scans
> after deleting it and it seems to be gone but I lost a dll file. It is
> yepiyep.dll. I'm not sure what it is but everything is working OK right
> now. I get an error when I boot up telling me its missing. What's the best
> way to repair that dll? XP Pro sp3. Thanks.
>
> Rudy
>
>Thanks for the help. I thought it was gone but about 6 copies popped up
>with a warning from AVG. I found the dll in the registry and deleted it.
>Now when I reboot there is no error. It was listed in the registry as a
>start up. It is not in MS config but I looked in there after I deleted it
>and rebooted. Thanks again.

Rudy

From: Rudy on

"Rudy" <rudykube(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

> Hi, I got a warning about the trojan horse hiloti.L. I ran several scans
> after deleting it and it seems to be gone but I lost a dll file. It is
> yepiyep.dll. I'm not sure what it is but everything is working OK right
> now. I get an error when I boot up telling me its missing. What's the best
> way to repair that dll? XP Pro sp3. Thanks.
>
> Rudy

Darned thing popped up again. AVG sent it to the vault and I got rid of it.
It mentioned an A0056963.dll but I couldn't find it in the registry. When
the threat came up it was associated with the process-svchost.exe.

From: "Repelsteeltje" henbrosj.2 on

"Rudy" <rudykube(a)comcast.net> schreef in bericht

> "Rudy" <rudykube(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Hi, I got a warning about the trojan horse hiloti.L. I ran several scans
>> after deleting it and it seems to be gone but I lost a dll file. It is
>> yepiyep.dll. I'm not sure what it is but everything is working OK right
>> now. I get an error when I boot up telling me its missing. What's the
>> best way to repair that dll? XP Pro sp3. Thanks.
>>
>> Rudy
>>

> Darned thing popped up again. AVG sent it to the vault and I got rid of
> it. It mentioned an A0056963.dll but I couldn't find it in the registry.
> When the threat came up it was associated with the process-svchost.exe.

Just go to www.dll.download.net and download your missing dll-file.
Without any problems.
Janus

 |  Next  |  Last