From: Tikbalang on
Is this possible on Windows 2008 R2 Ent? My client workstations are
all equipped with two 18" monitors (via dual DVI) .

Monitor spanning works when I added the "span monitors:i:1" on the
"RDP file" How can I implement multimonitor (not extended monitor
where the login is in the middle of the spanned monitor) support
assuming I will be using the latest Winows 7 client or "RDP client
version 7 or later"?

My terminal server config is;

'TerminalServicesRole' is installed.
'TSTerminalServer' is installed.
'TerminalServicesLicenseServer' is installed.
'TerminalServicesSessionDirectory' is not installed.
'TerminalServicesGateway' is not installed.
'TerminalServicesWebAccess' is not installed.

Thanks,
From: Vera Noest [MVP] on
Yes, real multi-monitor support is one of the new features of rdp
7.
Here's how to configure it:

http://blogs.msdn.com/rds/archive/2009/07/01/using-multiple-
monitors-in-remote-desktop-session.aspx
Vera Noest
MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
RDS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net

Tikbalang <eriest(a)gmail.com> wrote on 05 dec 2009 in
microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services:

From: Tikbalang on
On Dec 6, 2:06 am, "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.no...(a)remove-
this.hem.utfors.se> wrote:
> Yes, real multi-monitor support is one of the new features of rdp
> 7.
> Here's how to configure it:
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/rds/archive/2009/07/01/using-multiple-
> monitors-in-remote-desktop-session.aspx
> Vera Noest
> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
> RDS troubleshooting:  http://ts.veranoest.net
>
> Tikbalang <eri...(a)gmail.com> wrote on 05 dec 2009 in
> microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services:
>

> > Is this possible on Windows 2008 R2 Ent?  My client workstations
> > are all equipped with two 18" monitors (via dual DVI) .
>
> > Monitor spanning works when I added the   "span monitors:i:1" on
> > the "RDP file" How can I implementmultimonitor(not extended
> > monitor where the login is in the middle of the spanned monitor)
> > support assuming I will be using the latest Winows 7 client or
> > "RDP client version 7 or later"?
>
> > My terminal server config is;
>
> > 'TerminalServicesRole' is installed.
> > 'TSTerminalServer' is installed.
> > 'TerminalServicesLicenseServer' is installed.
> > 'TerminalServicesSessionDirectory' is not installed.
> > 'TerminalServicesGateway' is not installed.
> > 'TerminalServicesWebAccess' is not installed.
>
> > Thanks,

Maybe you mis-interpret my post. Sorry. I am "not" looking to use my
Win7 as the host for RDP. It worls OK the first time. Multimonitor is
ON by default on Win7 Ultimate as RDP server.

I went to "RemoteAPP deployment Setting" WINDOWS, click "Common RDP
Setting" and went to "User experience" but cannot find anything to
activate the second monitor. I don't want SPANNING. All I ask is just
a multimonitor where you can maximized an application like Openoffice
or Mozilla to stay on the primary monitor (single) and not on both
(SPANNED) . I don't mind using "registry edit" as long I can fix it.

Why is this thing very COMPLICATED.
From: Tikbalang on
On Dec 7, 10:46 am, Tikbalang <eri...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2:06 am, "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.no...(a)remove-
>

> this.hem.utfors.se> wrote:
> > Yes, real multi-monitor support is one of the new features of rdp
> > 7.
> > Here's how to configure it:
>
> >http://blogs.msdn.com/rds/archive/2009/07/01/using-multiple-
> > monitors-in-remote-desktop-session.aspx
> > Vera Noest
> > MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
> > RDS troubleshooting:  http://ts.veranoest.net
>
> > Tikbalang <eri...(a)gmail.com> wrote on 05 dec 2009 in
> > microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services:
>
> > > Is this possible on Windows2008R2 Ent?  My client workstations
> > > are all equipped with two 18" monitors (via dual DVI) .
>
> > > Monitor spanning works when I added the   "span monitors:i:1" on
> > > the "RDP file" How can I implementmultimonitor(not extended
> > > monitor where the login is in the middle of the spanned monitor)
> > > support assuming I will be using the latest Winows 7 client or
> > > "RDP client version 7 or later"?
>
> > > My terminal server config is;
>
> > > 'TerminalServicesRole' is installed.
> > > 'TSTerminalServer' is installed.
> > > 'TerminalServicesLicenseServer' is installed.
> > > 'TerminalServicesSessionDirectory' is not installed.
> > > 'TerminalServicesGateway' is not installed.
> > > 'TerminalServicesWebAccess' is not installed.
>
> > > Thanks,
>
> Maybe you mis-interpret my post. Sorry.  I am "not" looking to use my
> Win7 as the host for RDP. It worls OK the first time.Multimonitoris
> ON by default on Win7 Ultimate as RDP server.
>
> I went to "RemoteAPP deployment Setting" WINDOWS, click "Common RDP
> Setting" and went to "User experience" but cannot find anything to
> activate the second monitor. I don't want SPANNING. All I ask is just
> amultimonitorwhere you can maximized an application like Openoffice
> or Mozilla to stay on the primary monitor (single) and not on both
> (SPANNED)  . I don't mind using "registry edit" as long I can fix it.
>
> Why is this thing very COMPLICATED.- Hide quoted text -

Windows2008 R2 ent? Is Multimonitor "NOT continuous resolution/
display" supported? How?

Should I go here "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
\Terminal Server\Winstations\RDP-Tcp"

Windows 7 Ulti supports it (Multimonitor) why I cannot do it on a more
expensive piece of software.

From: Rob Leitman [MSFT] on

"Tikbalang" <eriest(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Dec 7, 10:46 am, Tikbalang <eri...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 6, 2:06 am, "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.no...(a)remove-
>>

>> this.hem.utfors.se> wrote:
>> > Yes, real multi-monitor support is one of the new features of rdp
>> > 7.
>> > Here's how to configure it:
>>
>> >http://blogs.msdn.com/rds/archive/2009/07/01/using-multiple-
>> > monitors-in-remote-desktop-session.aspx
>> > _________________________________________________________
>> > Vera Noest
>> > MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
>> > RDS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
>>
>> > Tikbalang <eri...(a)gmail.com> wrote on 05 dec 2009 in
>> > microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services:

>> Maybe you mis-interpret my post. Sorry. I am "not" looking to use my
>> Win7 as the host for RDP. It worls OK the first time.Multimonitoris
>> ON by default on Win7 Ultimate as RDP server.
>>
>> I went to "RemoteAPP deployment Setting" WINDOWS, click "Common RDP
>> Setting" and went to "User experience" but cannot find anything to
>> activate the second monitor. I don't want SPANNING. All I ask is just
>> amultimonitorwhere you can maximized an application like Openoffice
>> or Mozilla to stay on the primary monitor (single) and not on both
>> (SPANNED) . I don't mind using "registry edit" as long I can fix it.
>>
>> Why is this thing very COMPLICATED.- Hide quoted text -

> Windows2008 R2 ent? Is Multimonitor "NOT continuous resolution/
> display" supported? How?
>
> Should I go here "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
> \Terminal Server\Winstations\RDP-Tcp"
>
> Windows 7 Ulti supports it (Multimonitor) why I cannot do it on a more
> expensive piece of software.

You can get by installing Windows 2008 R2. As Patrick Rouse determined,
you're running Win2008, not Win2008 R2. They're separate products.

Rob