From: Mike on
I'm having a problem with one computer that has IE 6 sp1. I'm trying to add
a trusted site to the trust site list but when I do I get the following
error: "The site you specified exists in another zone. Please remove that
site from that zone before adding it to the current zone".

Problem, it's not in either of the Trusted sites, Restricted sites nor Local
Intranet sites. I have two sites in the trusted, none in Local, and a lot in
the restricted which I went down the whole list and didn't find the site.
The same error message occurs if I try to add it the Local Intranet and
Restricted.

Any ideas? Is there like a file or something that I can view so that I can
see the lists and maybe it's just stuck there and not showing up? Or a file I
can delete because it is corrupted?

Thanks for any suggestions.
From: Rob ^_^ on
Hi Mike,

If you are familiar with the Registry you will find a listing of Machine
Domain restrictions under the key

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

Keys under this node contain the domain name with one value *=4, which
places it in the Restricted Zone.

Don't forget that domains placed here have been done so for a purpose - to
stop the unsupervised downloading of malicious software. (this key is
applied from a group policy or there are some utilies that will add these
keys as part of a security package.)

Regards.