From: Stu on
XP just can't seem to do this: I've got a bunch of .class files in a bunch
of sub directories. Now I know some of the files contain "mytext" and I can
open the *.class files that contain "mytext" and see "mytext" in there. But
when I search using the Explorer Search and do:

All of part of filename:
*.class

A word or phrase in the file:
mytext

Look in:
My folder

it doesn't work. But if I do the same test on TXT files, it works. Can
someone tell me a workaround?
Thanks

From: me here on
Stu wrote:

> XP just can't seem to do this: I've got a bunch of .class files in a
> bunch of sub directories. Now I know some of the files contain
> "mytext" and I can open the *.class files that contain "mytext" and
> see "mytext" in there. But when I search using the Explorer Search
> and do:
>
> All of part of filename:
> *.class
>
> A word or phrase in the file:
> mytext
>
> Look in:
> My folder
>
> it doesn't work. But if I do the same test on TXT files, it works.
> Can someone tell me a workaround?
> Thanks

Temporarily rename them as .TXT files ?????