From: Simon Holloway on
I created a video using Windows Movie maker and saved as .wmp file. I saved
it to my computer and then inserted on my web page under Front Page 2003.
Nothing! I then converted the file to avi format - still nothing! I then
tried mpeg4 still nothing. The manual is next to useless on this subject.
Anyone tell me what I need to do so that when a user opens up the page the
video plays automatically.
--
Simon Holloway
From: Ronx on
Save as a .wmv and insert a suitable player into the page.
For IE only,
Insert->Web Component->Advanced Controls->ActiveX Control
Click Next
Choose Windows Media Player

Right click on the object inserted, and choose Active X Control Properties
Fill in the dialogue.

Note that when published, the media will have to download before being seen.

A better plan is to convert the video to a flash movie, and insert the flash
movie - I think these stream from the server, and can be seen in almost
every browser.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

From: REIPRO on

"Simon Holloway" wrote:

> I created a video using Windows Movie maker and saved as .wmp file. I saved
> it to my computer and then inserted on my web page under Front Page 2003.
> Nothing! I then converted the file to avi format - still nothing! I then
> tried mpeg4 still nothing. The manual is next to useless on this subject.
> Anyone tell me what I need to do so that when a user opens up the page the
> video plays automatically.
> --
> Simon Holloway

Simom, You are exactly right. I've struggled now for hours trying to get a
video to play on page load with my Frontpage 2003 web and it doesn't happen
according to the help instructions. I was able to make a video play from the
web, but it will open Windows Media Player to play the video. To do this:
Import the video file to your computer's web, create a link from text or
image to the file.

Pages: 1
Prev: Run-time error '438'
Next: Help please