From: Brian T on
Hello all,

I have created a query that has project details such as the award cost and
want to determine the total cost of the project by bringing in the total cost
of change orders (I totalled these as a sum in another query).
From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:38:03 -0700, Brian T <BrianT(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I have created a query that has project details such as the award cost and
>want to determine the total cost of the project by bringing in the total cost
>of change orders (I totalled these as a sum in another query).

Correct the error in your query.

If you would like help doing so, please open the query in SQL view and post it
here so folks can see it.

Do note that any Totals query, or any query including a Totals query, will NOT
be updateable; and that storing a derived field such as a total in a table is
generally A Very Bad Idea, since the stored value will become invalid if any
of the underlying fields is added, deleted or changed. You're almost always
better off just recalculating it as needed.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Brian T on
John,

I kept the Total cost separate from the Award Cost in a separate form and
that allowed me to do what I needed to.

thanks for the help.