From: something68 on
Correction: This did not work for what I need. I need to show the totals
found on the second row, i.e. the totals of the 1.0, 2.0, etc. but keeping
separate and together. I have an excel sheet showing what I need if I am too
confusing here.

From: Bernard Liengme on
Can you give us a simple example
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Fred Smith on
What is "this" that did not work? You need to provide a complete explanation
of your problem, or keep the conversation in the original thread.

Regards,
Fred

From: Brad on
More explanation would be helpful
--
Wag more, bark less

From: Brad on
If this is the post you are talking about
C D L O P Q R
H, AL A, AL A A P SF H, AL
1.0, 1.0 1.0, 1.0 7.50 8.5 0.00 0.00 1.0, 2.0

As you can see, “A” (shown in columns D and L) and “AL” (shown in columns C
and D) are in two separate columns;

I would like to show their totals in two separate columns, i.e, O (totals of
all “A”) and R (totals of “AL”) in the example above.

My suggestion would be that you have "helper" columns for "C" and "D"

then in column "C" you would have the formula
=TEXT(A3,"0.0")&", "&TEXT(B3,"0.0")
assuming that the "H" information is in A3
and
assuming that the "AL" information is in B3

sticking with your columns assume the "helper" columns for "D" are in "E"
and "F"
then in column "D" you would have the formula
=TEXT(E3,"0.0")&", "&TEXT(F3,"0.0")
assuming that the "A" information is in E3
and
assuming that the "AL" information is in F3

Then in your column "R" your equation could be
=TEXT(A3,"0.0")&", "&TEXT(B3+F3,"0.0")

These helper columns could be hidden if needed.
--
Wag more, bark less