From: Greg on
Hello,

I have an app I created I need to run following a reboot after an
installation - and I am using a key in the HKLM\Software\Microsoft
\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run path of the registry to start the
process.

Running the app manually it works (I get a prompt with a warning
coming from the UAC). But when run with the registry entry in place
after reboot, if the UAC setting is enabled, the program does not
start (and does not give any type of UAC warning prompt). If I
disable the UAC setting it works fine after the reboot.

How can I get the app to run after a reboot with the UAC setting
still
enabled?

Thanks for any help,
Greg
greg(a)ram-software.com
From: Alexander Grigoriev on
Wrong approach.

A first user login after reboot may not have

From: David Lowndes on
>I have an app I created I need to run following a reboot after an
>installation - and I am using a key in the HKLM\Software\Microsoft
>\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run path of the registry to start the
>process.

Greg,

Are you using RegisterApplicationRestart & ExitWindowsEx with
EWX_RESTARTAPPS?

Dave
From: Alexander Grigoriev on
Wrong approach. The first user login may not even have privileges required
for your post-install phase. It's not your Windows 95 anymore, and it's been
this way since Windows XP release. It's time to learn proper security
considerations.

What post-install steps yoyu need?

By the way, you really want to put it into RunOnce instead if Run.

From: Greg on
On Mar 23, 1:10 pm, "Alexander Grigoriev" <al...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> Wrong approach. The first user login may not even have privileges required
> for your post-install phase. It's not your Windows 95 anymore, and it's been
> this way since Windows XP release. It's time to learn proper security
> considerations.
>
> What post-install steps yoyu need?
>
> By the way, you really want to put it into RunOnce instead if Run.

I have a front end app managing multiple installations - when step 1
installation completes, it requires a reboot before the next step
continues - which runs another install. I need a way for the process
to continue to the next install after the reboot w/o the user having
to manually restart the front end app.

Open to other designs but would like to work with the legacy app that
is already developed if I can.