From: rjw on
Hi all,

Is there a command to display file system stats for UFS on FreeBSD
(version 8 if it matters)?

Basically I want out put which indicates what parameters were used when
it was formatted.

Cheers
~rjw
From: Patrick Lamaizière on
rjw :

> Basically I want out put which indicates what parameters were used when
> it was formatted.

tunefs(8)

From: Bob Eager on
On Fri, 28 May 2010 10:03:58 +0000, rjw wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a command to display file system stats for UFS on FreeBSD
> (version 8 if it matters)?
>
> Basically I want out put which indicates what parameters were used when
> it was formatted.

dumpfs(8)

This gives more detail than tunefs (sometimes too much), but you use
tunefs to change values.

dumpfs -m will generate a newfs command to do the same thing again..

--
Using UNIX since v6 (1976)...

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

From: rjw on
On 2010-05-28, Bob Eager <rde42(a)spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 May 2010 10:03:58 +0000, rjw wrote:
>> Is there a command to display file system stats for UFS on FreeBSD
>> (version 8 if it matters)?
>
> dumpfs -m will generate a newfs command to do the same thing again..

Thanks Bob, that's the one I'm after.

Cheers
~rjw