From: ddfc on

Hello everyone - newby here. I am impressed with the help you have given
here so here goes!

My daughter is working in Africa - currently Uganda - and I wonder if
there is any advice out there please for calling from either UK land
line or UK mobile to Ugandan mobile. She has no water, electricity, gas
or roads, but she can receive mobile calls. What a world we live in!
Currently I have an O2 monthly a/c with free minutes. Best I can find
from a land line is Planet Talk access for 6p a minute and then 6 p pm
to Planet Talk. Total 12p pm.

--
ddfc
From: Graham. on

"ddfc" <corbett.REMOVETHISchester(a)virgin.net> wrote in message news:ddfc.66e1860(a)mobilebanter.co.uk...

> Hello everyone - newby here. I am impressed with the help you have given
> here so here goes!
>
> My daughter is working in Africa - currently Uganda - and I wonder if
> there is any advice out there please for calling from either UK land
> line or UK mobile to Ugandan mobile. She has no water, electricity, gas
> or roads, but she can receive mobile calls. What a world we live in!
> Currently I have an O2 monthly a/c with free minutes. Best I can find
> from a land line is Planet Talk access for 6p a minute and then 6 p pm
> to Planet Talk. Total 12p pm.

rynga.com
4p/min to a Ugandan lindline
4.4p/min to Ugandan mobile.
If you don't have a VoIP phone just use the soft-phone on the site, you have to download this to sign up anyway.

Minimum topup is 10 euros + 70 eurocents admin fee.
VAT is [[cough]] optional, depending on whether you are in the EU when you sign up.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

From: "Stephen Hammond" no on

> Hello everyone - newby here. I am impressed with the help you have given
> here so here goes!
>
> My daughter is working in Africa - currently Uganda - and I wonder if
> there is any advice out there please for calling from either UK land
> line or UK mobile to Ugandan mobile. She has no water, electricity, gas
> or roads, but she can receive mobile calls. What a world we live in!
> Currently I have an O2 monthly a/c with free minutes. Best I can find
> from a land line is Planet Talk access for 6p a minute and then 6 p pm
> to Planet Talk. Total 12p pm.

Looks about 6 p here from landlines.
http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/intcallchecker/uganda-mobile
8p on your mobile here http://18185.co.uk/mobilerates.php