From: Whiskers on
On 2010-04-06, Folderol <folderol(a)ukfsn.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 21:14:35 +0100
> Whiskers <catwheezel(a)operamail.com> wrote:

[...]

>> Perhaps this is something to put to the mailing list.
>
> How? !!!

By email. You have got more than one email address, haven't you? If not
get a free one and <mailto:users-request(a)lists.ukfsn.org?subject=subscribe>

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
From: Folderol on
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 23:51:48 +0100
Paul Martin <pm(a)nowster.org.uk> wrote:

> In article <hpg9tc$18v$1(a)localhost.localdomain>,
> Martin Gregorie wrote:
>
> > Are you quite sure its isn't a problem with BT kit somewhere en route?
>
> Especially as there was a fire/flood at BT's Paddington exchange which
> affected lots of places, not all of which have yet been fixed.
>
> Darwen (Lancs) and North Finchley (London) exchanges have ADSL faults,
> too.

But why would this kick in only from Monday evening?

There is definitely an obscure routing problem of some sort. If I use
Tor I can access all the parts of UKFSN that I otherwise can't. The
question is who's responsible? BT, C&W, UKFSN?

P.S.
Funny that I worked out how to use Tor some time ago on a 'just in
case' basis. This has to be the most unlikely use for it.

P.P.S.
I can't sleep, that's why I'm here now. OK!

--
Will J G
From: Folderol on
On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 23:54:43 +0100
Whiskers <catwheezel(a)operamail.com> wrote:

> On 2010-04-06, Folderol <folderol(a)ukfsn.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 21:14:35 +0100
> > Whiskers <catwheezel(a)operamail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >> Perhaps this is something to put to the mailing list.
> >
> > How? !!!
>
> By email. You have got more than one email address, haven't you? If not
> get a free one and <mailto:users-request(a)lists.ukfsn.org?subject=subscribe>

Actually no. It's never been a problem before!

--
Will J G
From: Maurice Batey on
On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 17:53:03 +0100, Folderol wrote:

> Oddly enough usenet is fine ???

Not for me for most of yesterday!
Was OK by late evening, and still OK today...

--
/\/\aurice