From: Tony van der Hoff on
Classic FM <http://www.classicfm.co.uk/> has a streaming channel, which
works fine under 'doze.

Under Ubuntu 9.10, and under Debian Lenny, using Firefox, The "Listen
Now" button produces the following pop-up:
<-------------------------
From what we can tell, you are accessing our player using a computer
that is running a version of Linux. To enjoy our Listen Live service,
you'll need to have a media player capable of playing Windows Media
content installed. One such player is MPlayer, further details can be
found here.

If you already have a compatible player installed, click here to access
the audio / video you've requested.
--------------------------->

I have MPlayer installed, but clicking on the "click here" link does
nothing.

Has anyone managed to listen to Classic FM under Linux? How?

Cheers, Tony

From: rich on
On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 17:54:11 +0100, Tony van der Hoff wrote:

> Classic FM <http://www.classicfm.co.uk/> has a streaming channel, which
> works fine under 'doze.
>
> Under Ubuntu 9.10, and under Debian Lenny, using Firefox, The "Listen
> Now" button produces the following pop-up: <-------------------------
> From what we can tell, you are accessing our player using a computer
> that is running a version of Linux. To enjoy our Listen Live service,
> you'll need to have a media player capable of playing Windows Media
> content installed. One such player is MPlayer, further details can be
> found here.
>
> If you already have a compatible player installed, click here to access
> the audio / video you've requested.
> --------------------------->
>
> I have MPlayer installed, but clicking on the "click here" link does
> nothing.
>
> Has anyone managed to listen to Classic FM under Linux? How?
>
> Cheers, Tony

quick search on google comes up with this
mplayer -vc null -vo null -nojoystick -nolirc http://
mediasrv.musicradio.com/classicfm

(watch out for line wraps)

paste into a console and (hopefully) away you go.

using mepis 8,and MPlayer SVN-r30247-snapshot-Ubuntu-RVM

--
rich
From: Tony van der Hoff on
On 06/04/10 18:09, rich wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 17:54:11 +0100, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
>
>> Classic FM<http://www.classicfm.co.uk/> has a streaming channel, which
>> works fine under 'doze.
>>
>> Under Ubuntu 9.10, and under Debian Lenny, using Firefox, The "Listen
>> Now" button produces the following pop-up:<-------------------------
>> From what we can tell, you are accessing our player using a computer
>> that is running a version of Linux. To enjoy our Listen Live service,
>> you'll need to have a media player capable of playing Windows Media
>> content installed. One such player is MPlayer, further details can be
>> found here.
>>
>> If you already have a compatible player installed, click here to access
>> the audio / video you've requested.
>> --------------------------->
>>
>> I have MPlayer installed, but clicking on the "click here" link does
>> nothing.
>>
>> Has anyone managed to listen to Classic FM under Linux? How?
>>
>> Cheers, Tony
>
> quick search on google comes up with this
> mplayer -vc null -vo null -nojoystick -nolirc http://
> mediasrv.musicradio.com/classicfm
>
> (watch out for line wraps)
>
> paste into a console and (hopefully) away you go.
>
> using mepis 8,and MPlayer SVN-r30247-snapshot-Ubuntu-RVM

Woo, perfect, thanks for that. Wish I'd thought of Googling :(
From: Folderol on
On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:17:38 +0100
Tony van der Hoff <tony(a)nospam.vanderhoff.org> wrote:

> On 06/04/10 18:09, rich wrote:
> > On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 17:54:11 +0100, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
> >
> >> Classic FM<http://www.classicfm.co.uk/> has a streaming channel, which
> >> works fine under 'doze.
> >>
> >> Under Ubuntu 9.10, and under Debian Lenny, using Firefox, The "Listen
> >> Now" button produces the following pop-up:<-------------------------
> >> From what we can tell, you are accessing our player using a computer
> >> that is running a version of Linux. To enjoy our Listen Live service,
> >> you'll need to have a media player capable of playing Windows Media
> >> content installed. One such player is MPlayer, further details can be
> >> found here.
> >>
> >> If you already have a compatible player installed, click here to access
> >> the audio / video you've requested.
> >> --------------------------->
> >>
> >> I have MPlayer installed, but clicking on the "click here" link does
> >> nothing.
> >>
> >> Has anyone managed to listen to Classic FM under Linux? How?
> >>
> >> Cheers, Tony
> >
> > quick search on google comes up with this
> > mplayer -vc null -vo null -nojoystick -nolirc http://
> > mediasrv.musicradio.com/classicfm
> >
> > (watch out for line wraps)
> >
> > paste into a console and (hopefully) away you go.
> >
> > using mepis 8,and MPlayer SVN-r30247-snapshot-Ubuntu-RVM
> >

> Woo, perfect, thanks for that. Wish I'd thought of Googling :(

Nice one - works here too :)

--
Will J G
From: Christopher Choi on
On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:17:38 +0100, Tony van der Hoff wrote:

> On 06/04/10 18:09, rich wrote:
>> On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 17:54:11 +0100, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
>>
>>> Classic FM<http://www.classicfm.co.uk/> has a streaming channel,
>>> which works fine under 'doze.
>>>
>>> Under Ubuntu 9.10, and under Debian Lenny, using Firefox, The "Listen
>>> Now" button produces the following pop-up:<-------------------------
>>> From what we can tell, you are accessing our player using a
>>> computer
>>> that is running a version of Linux. To enjoy our Listen Live service,
>>> you'll need to have a media player capable of playing Windows Media
>>> content installed. One such player is MPlayer, further details can be
>>> found here.
>>>
>>> If you already have a compatible player installed, click here to
>>> access the audio / video you've requested.
>>> --------------------------->
>>>
>>> I have MPlayer installed, but clicking on the "click here" link does
>>> nothing.
>>>
>>> Has anyone managed to listen to Classic FM under Linux? How?
>>>
>>> Cheers, Tony
>>
>> quick search on google comes up with this mplayer -vc null -vo null
>> -nojoystick -nolirc http:// mediasrv.musicradio.com/classicfm
>>
>> (watch out for line wraps)
>>
>> paste into a console and (hopefully) away you go.
>>
>> using mepis 8,and MPlayer SVN-r30247-snapshot-Ubuntu-RVM
>>

> Woo, perfect, thanks for that. Wish I'd thought of Googling :(

Its like the first thing any true geek would do...
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: UKFSN down
Next: UKFSN down. Back up?