From: John Kelly on
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 20:34:18 +0200, "Dr.Ruud" <rvtol+usenet(a)xs4all.nl>
wrote:

>John Kelly wrote:
>
>> Please ignore bad practices in this code
>
>And that made me stop reading. Next!

They say that with Perl, there's more than one way to do it. But I say
that with Perl, there's more than one way to shoot yourself in the foot.

--
Web mail, POP3, and SMTP
http://www.beewyz.com/freeaccounts.php

From: Tad McClellan on
John Kelly <jak(a)isp2dial.com> wrote:

> But I say
> that with Perl, there's more than one way to shoot yourself in the foot.

We had that thread 10 years ago... :-)

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.perl.misc/browse_thread/thread/4b19828eac7abe68/a97f4d7d02afa8ff?q=#a97f4d7d02afa8ff

--
Tad McClellan
email: perl -le "print scalar reverse qq/moc.liamg\100cm.j.dat/"
From: John Kelly on
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:51:07 -0500, Tad McClellan <tadmc(a)seesig.invalid>
wrote:

>John Kelly <jak(a)isp2dial.com> wrote:
>
>> But I say
>> that with Perl, there's more than one way to shoot yourself in the foot.
>

>We had that thread 10 years ago... :-)
>
>http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.perl.misc/browse_thread/thread/4b19828eac7abe68/a97f4d7d02afa8ff?q=#a97f4d7d02afa8ff

Heh.

Once I found perltidy, I started liking Perl a little more. To me, Perl
seems like an ambiguous monstrosity. Fun, but spooky.

From: Keith Keller on
On 2010-06-23, John Kelly <jak(a)isp2dial.com> wrote:

> I explained why I posted it, but you didn't like that explanation, and
> you continued arguing. If you want to act like a troll, then so be it.

Aren't you the same guy who posts repeatedly about the dh program, even
though the few people who made any reply asked you to stop? See e.g.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.shell/browse_thread/thread/42bf7ae993e6f97b

--keith

--
kkeller-usenet(a)wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
(try just my userid to email me)

From: Xho Jingleheimerschmidt on
John Kelly wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:04:03 -0400, "Uri Guttman" <uri(a)StemSystems.com>
> wrote:
>
>> because they usually do. nothing you posted was signifigant as it was
>> basic udp code that you can get from modules, books, documentation,
>> etc. it wasn't particularly interesting
>
>> not rude at all. but an odd posting in any case. seriously, what was
>> your point? education? illumination?
>
> It's easy to find INET socket example code, but harder to find UNIX
> socket example code. Some of the few I found didn't work at all, and
> Stein's example didn't explain the relationship between the Local and
> Peer arguments when using SOCK_DGRAM.

Unfortunately your example doesn't seem to explain that relationship,
either.

Xho