From: Alberto Moreno on
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Marc Schiffbauer <marc(a)schiffbauer.net> wrote:

> Update:
>
> I tested some other samba versions now:
>
>  Samba 3.5.3 has the same problem, it does not work here
>
> but:
>
>  Samba 3.3.12 works just fine as 3.2.5 did
>

> This error definitely depends on the samba version that is being
> used.
>
> I have no clue what might cause this...
>
> Anybody else?
>
> -Marc
> --
> 8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134

Hi.

Looks like u just want to have a share where any user could do what
ever she/he wants, I was thinking in
add

public =Yes
guest ok = Yes

Or if u have a issues:

Create a group: mygroup.

Public =No
guest ok = No
force group = @mygroup

add all your users u need to that group, change the rights for the folder:

chgrp -R mygroup /path/toyour/share
chmod -R 774 /path/toyour/share

reload samba, test!!!

smbclient \\\\yoursamba\\yourshare -U username
psw:

My 2 cents.

--
LIving the dream...