From: Jeremy Allison on
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 12:59:54AM +0200, Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem with group permissions after Samba upgrade.
>
> On one share there are several directorries owned by different
> users.
>
> No posix acl or user_xattr on the filesystem so far.
>
> Samba is configured so that directory permission is always 0770 and
> file permission is always 0660: any user in the domain can do
> anything with the files and directories (all users have the same
> primary group which is the same as the file and dir group).
>
> That worked very well until the upgrade. Users could do anything
> within the share: create, modify and delete files and directories.
>
> Now after the upgrade delete operations on files do not work anymore
> until a user owns the parent directory or has world write access to
> it (windows client (XP SP2) gets a permission denied error).
>
> This is strange because a user can still create files within a dir
> that he does not own, so this can only be permitted by group permission,
> but deleting the same file gives a permission denied.
>
> What might cause this? Is this a known bug in samba 3.4.8?

Log a bug and post a debug level 10 log of the delete operation.
Internally smbd now converts the POSIX ACL into a Windows ACL
and tests for DELETE access availability for the logged in user
and group list.

Jeremy.
* Jeremy Allison schrieb am 15.06.10 um 00:00 Uhr:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 12:59:54AM +0200, Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having a problem with group permissions after Samba upgrade.
> >
> > On one share there are several directorries owned by different
> > users.
> >
> > No posix acl or user_xattr on the filesystem so far.
> >
> > Samba is configured so that directory permission is always 0770 and
> > file permission is always 0660: any user in the domain can do
> > anything with the files and directories (all users have the same
> > primary group which is the same as the file and dir group).
> >
> > That worked very well until the upgrade. Users could do anything
> > within the share: create, modify and delete files and directories.
> >
> > Now after the upgrade delete operations on files do not work anymore
> > until a user owns the parent directory or has world write access to
> > it (windows client (XP SP2) gets a permission denied error).
> >
> > This is strange because a user can still create files within a dir
> > that he does not own, so this can only be permitted by group permission,
> > but deleting the same file gives a permission denied.
> >
> > What might cause this? Is this a known bug in samba 3.4.8?
>
> Log a bug and post a debug level 10 log of the delete operation.
> Internally smbd now converts the POSIX ACL into a Windows ACL
> and tests for DELETE access availability for the logged in user
> and group list.

Hi Jeremy,

thanks.

-> I have filed bug 7521

-Marc
--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317 3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134