From: no.top.post on
In my building someone get earth-leakage faults in the middle of the
night. A consultant said that it's caused by UPS/s.
But I can't understand since the UPS is designed to switch on AFTER
the mains failure. So how can it cause the mains failure.

== TIA.

From: ArameFarpado on
Em Quarta 06 Janeiro 2010 17:23, no.top.post(a)gmail.com escreveu:
> But I can't understand since the UPS is designed to switch on AFTER
> the mains failure.

wrong.
From: philo on
no.top.post(a)gmail.com wrote:
> In my building someone get earth-leakage faults in the middle of the
> night. A consultant said that it's caused by UPS/s.
> But I can't understand since the UPS is designed to switch on AFTER
> the mains failure. So how can it cause the mains failure.
>
> == TIA.

Without checking it the consultant could not have had a clue...

but sure a UPS can fail just like any other device

but if the problem was traced to the UPS

chances are it was simply not grounded properly

better get someone who knows what they are doing
to check the wiring etc