From: Hemanshu Srivastava on
I am Writing a USB Isochronous driver for my device. I am using the isousb
example of ddk. what is the best possible performance that can be achieved by
this sample.

My objective is to acheive maximum data transfer rates. without making any
chnages what best can be expected from this.

I know I need to do lot of sync and buffering methods to make everything
fine. But what best can be achieved without making any changes.

- HS
From: Tim Roberts on
Hemanshu Srivastava <HemanshuSrivastava(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am Writing a USB Isochronous driver for my device. I am using the isousb
>example of ddk. what is the best possible performance that can be achieved by
>this sample.
>
>My objective is to acheive maximum data transfer rates. without making any
>chnages what best can be expected from this.
>
>I know I need to do lot of sync and buffering methods to make everything
>fine. But what best can be achieved without making any changes.

The maximum possible bandwidth for an isochronous endpoint is 24 MB/s.
(That's 1024 bytes/packet, 3 transfers per microframe, on every
microframe.) Isousb should be able to handle that, if you can keep feeding
it read/write requests from user-mode.
--
- Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.