From: gouqizi.lvcha on
Hi,

I have my laptop running Windows XP SP2. When I plug my USB disk, th
system shows "This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a
Hi-speed USB 2.0 port".

My laptop have three VIA Rev5 USB universal host controller. What I can
do to get a USB 2.0 port? Thanks!

Rick

From: Rod Speed on
gouqizi.lvcha(a)gmail.com wrote

> I have my laptop running Windows XP SP2. When I plug
> my USB disk, the system shows "This USB device can
> perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-speed USB 2.0 port".

> My laptop have three VIA Rev5 USB universal host
> controller. What I can do to get a USB 2.0 port?

Plug in a USB2 card.

From: trmbr on

<gouqizi.lvcha(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have my laptop running Windows XP SP2. When I plug my USB disk, th
> system shows "This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a
> Hi-speed USB 2.0 port".
>
> My laptop have three VIA Rev5 USB universal host controller. What I can
> do to get a USB 2.0 port? Thanks!
>
> Rick

You can buy a USB2.0 PCI card and installe the necessary drivers

From: Folkert Rienstra on
"trmbr" <trmbr50(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message news:dc0u95$1ilt$1(a)si05.rsvl.unisys.com...

> <gouqizi.lvcha(a)gmail.com> wrote in message news:1122160205.770341.257830(a)o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have my laptop running Windows XP SP2. When I plug my USB disk, the
> > system shows "This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a
> > Hi-speed USB 2.0 port".
> >
> > My laptop have three VIA Rev5 USB universal host controller. What I can
> > do to get a USB 2.0 port? Thanks!
> >
> > Rick
> >

> You can buy a USB2.0 PCI card

Easy.

> and install the necessary drivers

Easy too.

But how will that PCI card attach to the Laptop?

From: Rod Speed on
trmbr <trmbr50(a)hotmail.com> wrote
> <gouqizi.lvcha(a)gmail.com> wrote

>> I have my laptop running Windows XP SP2. When I plug my USB disk, the system
>> shows "This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-speed USB
>> 2.0 port".

>> My laptop have three VIA Rev5 USB universal host controller. What I can do to
>> get a USB 2.0 port? Thanks!

> You can buy a USB2.0 PCI card

Not much use in laptops. He could get a USB2 PCMCIA or Cardbus card tho.