From: Des on
Thanks for your suggestion,
Yes both the drivers you mention are there.
Also, the driver that I installed was not necessarily external - when the
device was connected, device manager stated that it was not configured - so I
configured it by allowing windows to find the driver through the internet.
I hope this helps, thank you in advance for any further suggestions you may
have.
Des

From: Des on
Oh well,
It seems this problem is an oddity that no one can solve - I have tried
several sites like this & have had no luck - oh well! Thanks to those that
had suggestions. Seems to me though, that unsolved issues should be in a
seperate area - I am certain that now this is so far down the list that no
one will suggest any thing else.

Thanks anyway

From: R. McCarty on
Sorry for the lag in following up - Busy day, yesterday. I would
unplug the external. Open Device Manager, Click View, tic/check
"Show Hidden Devices". Expand the Disk drives category. Locate
all instances of your Samsung external and uninstall. Next expand
the Storage Volumes. Any entries shown slightly diminished (grayed
out) Right Click and Uninstall. Finally, make sure there is no category
named "Other Devices" and look in Universal Serial Bus Controllers
for any devices with a yellow exclamation point or red X.
It's possible that when you allowed a driver to be installed it's made
an association between that driver and the unique VID that each
USB device uses to identify itself to XP. If you re-plug the device
DON'T allow it to choose a driver for you. Instead take the manual
driver option path.

From: Des on
Thank you,
Funny thing is - sometimes there are a select few who really want to help &
have knowledge. Looking around this site, I can see you are one of those
select few & finally it seems I am getting some knowledgeable advice.
I will try all the things you have suggested & above all want to thank you
for your efforts. As I have said, I have looked around this site & can see
that you are helping a lot of people with knowledge so I applaud you & thank
you.

I will post back.

Des

From: R. McCarty on
Appreciate the comments, very gracious. Hopefully, "WE" will
find a solution to your problem.

> Thank you,
> Funny thing is - sometimes there are a select few who really want to help
> &
> have knowledge. Looking around this site, I can see you are one of those
> select few & finally it seems I am getting some knowledgeable advice.
> I will try all the things you have suggested & above all want to thank you
> for your efforts. As I have said, I have looked around this site & can
> see
> that you are helping a lot of people with knowledge so I applaud you &
> thank
> you.
>
> I will post back.
>
> Des
>
> "R. McCarty" wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the lag in following up - Busy day, yesterday. I would
>> unplug the external. Open Device Manager, Click View, tic/check
>> "Show Hidden Devices". Expand the Disk drives category. Locate
>> all instances of your Samsung external and uninstall. Next expand
>> the Storage Volumes. Any entries shown slightly diminished (grayed
>> out) Right Click and Uninstall. Finally, make sure there is no category
>> named "Other Devices" and look in Universal Serial Bus Controllers
>> for any devices with a yellow exclamation point or red X.
>> It's possible that when you allowed a driver to be installed it's made
>> an association between that driver and the unique VID that each
>> USB device uses to identify itself to XP. If you re-plug the device
>> DON'T allow it to choose a driver for you. Instead take the manual
>> driver option path.
>>
>> "Des" <Des(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Oh well,
>> > It seems this problem is an oddity that no one can solve - I have tried
>> > several sites like this & have had no luck - oh well! Thanks to those
>> > that
>> > had suggestions. Seems to me though, that unsolved issues should be in
>> > seperate area - I am certain that now this is so far down the list that
>> > no
>> > one will suggest any thing else.
>> >
>> > Thanks anyway

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last