From: richn on
I HAD INSTALLED ADDITIONAL USB PORTS ON MY COMPUTER, BUT I AM NOT SURE
WHETHER THEY ARE 1.0 OR 2.0. IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN TELL?
THANKS.
--
richn13
From: Yves Leclerc on
First, please learn how to correctly use the <Caps Lock> key! Using only
capitol letters is considered to be shouting!

If you added a PCI USB adapter, they may be USB 2.0.
If you just added a USB cables, then the many not.

In Device Mananger, you should be see "enhanced" USB adapter under the USB
section.

Rigth click on 'My Computer' icon
Select "Properties"
Click on "Hardware" tab
Click on Device Manager button.

From: Abhilash Tibrewal(MCSA) on

Don't you think you should turn off the Caps lock? Writing in caps is
considered shouting, which is bad etiquette.

Have you installed additional USB PCI card which has ports or just USB
ports? If you have installed a USB PCI card, look up the card manual or box.
If you have just installed USB port headers, which are connected to the
motherboard, lookup the motherboard manual or box. Remember that proper
drivers must be installed for the onboard/add-on USB controller to make them
function at USB2.0 speeds(480Mbps).

From: richn on
Sorry about the caps! I added 4 new USB slots. In Device Mananger, I see
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controlller. The properties for this show
Driver Version 5.1.2600.0.
Does this look like it's 2.0?
Thanks

From: richn on
Sorry about the caps. I do not have any manual or box for either.
Unfortunately I am still in the dark. In a search, I found USB 2.0 Hub
Driver, Version 2.1.5.2, installed in C:\WINDOWS\DRIVERS\ousb2. I assume that
this means that I do have USB 2.0 ports?
Thanks for replying.