From: John on
I have lost the ability to print from the alternative user's profile on my
XP PC.

When pressing "Print" the printer icon appears in the right hand task bar
for a few seconds and then disappears.

I have Share Printer selected on my profile and the name of the printer is
showing on the other profile - but it doesn't seem to 'connect' as I
normally see a preview screen. This isn't appearing.

I can print documents in the "Shared" folder when I am logged on - but the
other user cannot.

From: John on

"John" <Who90nospam(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>I have lost the ability to print from the alternative user's profile on my
>XP PC.
>
> When pressing "Print" the printer icon appears in the right hand task bar
> for a few seconds and then disappears.
>
> I have Share Printer selected on my profile and the name of the printer is
> showing on the other profile - but it doesn't seem to 'connect' as I
> normally see a preview screen. This isn't appearing.
>
> I can print documents in the "Shared" folder when I am logged on - but the
> other user cannot.

Looking in Event Viewer - this is what I get reported:

The document Untitled - Notepad owned by Pam's Computer failed to print on
printer EPSON Stylus Photo 830 Series. Data type: NT EMF 1.008. Size of the
spool file in bytes: 912. Number of bytes printed: 0. Total number of pages
in the document: 1. Number of pages printed: 0. Client machine:
\\JOHN-D7FA0F3DD3. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 5
(0x5).

From: John on

> "John" <Who90nospam(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>I have lost the ability to print from the alternative user's profile on my
>>XP PC.
>>
>> When pressing "Print" the printer icon appears in the right hand task bar
>> for a few seconds and then disappears.
>>
>> I have Share Printer selected on my profile and the name of the printer
>> is showing on the other profile - but it doesn't seem to 'connect' as I
>> normally see a preview screen. This isn't appearing.
>>
>> I can print documents in the "Shared" folder when I am logged on - but
>> the other user cannot.
>>

> Looking in Event Viewer - this is what I get reported:
>
> The document Untitled - Notepad owned by Pam's Computer failed to print on
> printer EPSON Stylus Photo 830 Series. Data type: NT EMF 1.008. Size of
> the spool file in bytes: 912. Number of bytes printed: 0. Total number of
> pages in the document: 1. Number of pages printed: 0. Client machine:
> \\JOHN-D7FA0F3DD3. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 5
> (0x5).

Fixed it by turning off spooling