From: Marek on
Hi
I have USB RS port emulator AFT-BW . But not working . Driver is Prolific
ver. 2.0.13.130
Mark S

From: Paul on
Marek wrote:
> Hi
> I have USB RS port emulator AFT-BW . But not working . Driver is Prolific
> ver. 2.0.13.130
> Mark S

In a search, I cannot find your adapter.

Is this a USB to RS232 adapter ?

Do you have any entries in Device Manager at all ? There is no point
in doing any further testing, unless the hardware shows up in Device
Manager. If it does, then at least the USB interface on it is working.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q207/smrman/devicemanprolific.jpg

*******

Have you tested it using Hypertrm in Windows ? (Note - there is
no point trying this, unless you can see a new COM port for your
adapter, in Device Manager.)

There is some information on RS232 here.

http://www.wiehes.com/techinfo/RS232.html

You would take a wire and connect RD to TD (receive data to transmit data).
That is a "loopback" connection. Since the test is being done in
Hyperterminal, there is no need to connect up the flow control signals.
You may be able to get some results with a single wire.

In Windows, using something like

Start : Programs : Accessories : Communications : Hyperterminal

then set it up to communicate to the new adapter, while a wire is
connected from pin 2 to pin 3. If you do that correctly, then
when you type in Hyperterminal, you should see letters appear in
the Hyperterminal window. For default settings, you can use
9600 baud, 8-N-1.

Hyperterminal may not be available in all versions of Windows. I
think my copies of WinXP and Win2K have it, but I don't know if
Vista or Windows 7 include it or not. It is convenient for tests
of this nature.

Paul
From: Marek on
yes in Device Manager I see usb to rs232 . But not working.
Uzytkownik "Paul" <nospam(a)needed.com> napisal w wiadomosci

From: Paul on
Marek wrote:
> yes in Device Manager I see usb to rs232 . But not working.

Did you try the test, of connecting pin 2 to pin 3 on the RS232
connector ?

That loops back what you type, to the same adapter. As long as you
get the correct two pins (Transmit Data and Receive Data), you can
test that a typed character, is returned back to the adapter.

Paul