From: SG1 on

"Superman" <"the _man_of_steel"@metropolis.com> wrote in message

> Hi. I put a USB thumb drive (that I use for files) into another computer,
> and when I put it back in mine, it causes a system reboot. I can use other
> USB devices, such as mouse, or keyboard, but not the USB drive. If I put
> it into the other computer there's no prob and I can read the files. Does
> anyone know about this, and how to fix it? thanx.
>
> --
> rgds,
>
> Pete
> =====
Put a USB stick in from the guy across the road. System switched off.
"Static"
Left stick in & copied the 2 latest Dr Who eps across no probs.

From: root on
Superman wrote:

> Hi. I put a USB thumb drive (that I use for files) into another
> computer, and when I put it back in mine, it causes a system reboot. I
> can use other USB devices, such as mouse, or keyboard, but not the USB
> drive. If I put it into the other computer there's no prob and I can
> read the files. Does anyone know about this, and how to fix it? thanx.

Good to hear you`ve solved your problem!

But as an added precaution, scan for any
virii that you may have picked up on your thumbdrive;
and your entire system for that matter.

As thumbdrives have a tendency to autorun when inserted,
and any hitchhiking bugs will then be initiated.