From: Peter on

> Does this modem ship with security installed?- so that anyone within
> range cannot use my account? I received a card with two numbers on it..
> SSID and WPA. ?? Thanks.

If you installed the software there will be a little app in the taskbar
related to it.
You can change the settings there though only for a short time before the
program becomes useless.

Otherwise try this in your browser....

http://10.0.0.138/

You will need your user name and password and may have to contact Telstra
for this information.

:-P
From: Rod Speed on
Superman" <"the _man_of_steel wrote:

> Does this modem ship with security installed?- so that anyone within
> range cannot use my account? I received a card with two numbers on
> it.. SSID and WPA. ??

Probably. Was that card hand written or printed ?

Safer to change the WPA key, they might be setting it the same on a lot of modems they sell etc.

From: root on
Superman wrote:

> Does this modem ship with security installed?- so that anyone within
> range cannot use my account?

Probably NOT; as it would be up to you
to personalize it to your network; as per
SSID-(modem/router-name)and level of encryption (WPA
preferred; WEP too easily hacked)
They`re keys that are entered into both
your modem/router and your pc`s network-card.

http://www.bigpond.com/internet/plans/wireless/setting-up/

http://www.ozcableguy.com/

Have some reads Pete,
and you`ll most likely