From: "Pam" tziyonanow on
I'm on xp pro - gateway computer - all of the sudden the usb ports quit
working - the device manager says there isn't a problem and that everything
is working, but nothing works when I plug it into a usb port - can anyone
point me in the right direction?

thanks

From: Burgy on
Could be that the driver has become corrupted.
I'd go into device manager and delete everything under the USB. Then reboot
and let XP reinstall with the new hardware wizard. If that don't help, you
may need to install a PCI usb board. I am assuming what u have is onboard of
the motherboard.
Good luck.....