From: nofixed on
I just connected a USB to Parallel Converter to my XP Pro system. It's a Wan
Teng UE-PA15CC, also sold under the Anyware brand, and is promoted as
providing a bidirectional parallel port.

The problem is that when I check the Device Manager it shows as "USB
Printing Support", not an LPT which is what I really need.

How do I get it to register as an LPT so I can use it for *non-printing*
applications?

TIA
Jim
From: Poprivet on
nofixed wrote:
> I just connected a USB to Parallel Converter to my XP Pro system.
> It's a Wan Teng UE-PA15CC, also sold under the Anyware brand, and is
> promoted as providing a bidirectional parallel port.
>
> The problem is that when I check the Device Manager it shows as "USB
> Printing Support", not an LPT which is what I really need.
>
> How do I get it to register as an LPT so I can use it for
> *non-printing* applications?
>
> TIA
> Jim

It sounds like it's doing what it should. It IS a USB component, so that's
how it's listed. You probably have to look elsewhere (see the doc that came
with the converter) for other info on it.

Pop`

From: nofixed on

> It sounds like it's doing what it should. It IS a USB component, so that's
> how it's listed. You probably have to look elsewhere (see the doc that came
> with the converter) for other info on it.

It is supposed to provide a *parallel port*, not specifically printing
support. The driver supplied for Windows 98 gives an extra LPT port. The XP
driver should do the same.