From: Bob Donald on
Wow, awesome Glennbo! Was this the Dave Peverett and Rod Price combo, or
the others? I remember seeing them in 94 <I believe> in a medium size bar
when the original lineup got back together. I swear I wouldnt put down the
slide for 6 months after seeing that!

From: Bob Donald on

> In news:0p-dnfFOTJI18AHWnZ2dnUVZ_oidnZ2d(a)supernews.com the killer robot
> "Bob Donald" <bdonald(a)panova.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> Wow, awesome Glennbo! Was this the Dave Peverett and Rod Price combo,
>> or the others? I remember seeing them in 94 <I believe> in a medium
>> size bar when the original lineup got back together. I swear I
>> wouldnt put down the slide for 6 months after seeing that!
>
> Loneome Dave and Rod Price had both already died by the time this concert
> happened. We did this gig in 2006. They still sounded authentic to the
> bone. WAR was the band that really got me rocking at that concert.

Well, either way it must have been an awesome gig, and gotcha some pretty
cool bragging rights!

From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message

> A pic of my band opening for Foghat. My buddy Craig on 6-string bass,
> Who??? on guitar, me on drums, Tommy "The Knife" on keys, Shawna Laree
> backup vocals, and Big Daddy electric flute and lead vocals. We also had
> trombone, sax, and trumpet players to the left of us, outside the shot.
>
> We got to hang out back on the party deck with all the bands, eating
steaks
> and drinking beer. We opened for Foghat, Foghat opened for WAR, and WAR
> opened for Joan Jett. This pic was recovered from a failing laptop drive
> just today (Craig's girlfriend's machine), using a live UBUNTU DVD. ;)
>

> http://members.cox.net/glennbopix/OpenForFoghat.jpg

Was this the original Foghat with Lonesome Dave on lead vocals and backing
guitars?

Poly

From: sam booka on
Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> tapped the mic and amongst
other things, said, "Is this on?"

> In news:4b9d1462$0$22518$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>>> A pic of my band opening for Foghat. My buddy Craig on 6-string
>>> bass, Who??? on guitar, me on drums, Tommy "The Knife" on keys,
>>> Shawna Laree backup vocals, and Big Daddy electric flute and lead
>>> vocals. We also had trombone, sax, and trumpet players to the left
>>> of us, outside the shot.
>>>
>>> We got to hang out back on the party deck with all the bands, eating
>>> steaks and drinking beer. We opened for Foghat, Foghat opened for
>>> WAR, and WAR opened for Joan Jett. This pic was recovered from a
>>> failing laptop drive just today (Craig's girlfriend's machine),
>>> using a live UBUNTU DVD. ;)
>>>

>>> http://members.cox.net/glennbopix/OpenForFoghat.jpg
>>
>> Was this the original Foghat with Lonesome Dave on lead vocals and
>> backing guitars?
>
> No, he died in 2000, and this gig was in 2005.
>
> It was this lineup. http://www.foghat.net/meettheband.htm

Unfortunately, I see they have removed all the '99 videos with Lonesome
Dave and Rod Price from YouTube. I had a few in my favorites with the
entire original lineup. However in Zen, they are not gone, but have
simply "crossed over" to the spirit universe. I Believe they even have a
few more hits there, including "Drivin' Prayer Wheel," and "Fool for the
Universe City." Om Mani Padme Hum. :p
http://www.serve.com/cmtan/buddhism/Lighter/GoodKarma/index.html

--
All the perplexities, confusion, and distress in America arise,
not from defects in their Constitution or confederation, not
From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> In news:4b9d1462$0$22518$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> >> A pic of my band opening for Foghat. My buddy Craig on 6-string
> >> bass, Who??? on guitar, me on drums, Tommy "The Knife" on keys,
> >> Shawna Laree backup vocals, and Big Daddy electric flute and lead
> >> vocals. We also had trombone, sax, and trumpet players to the left
> >> of us, outside the shot.
> >>
> >> We got to hang out back on the party deck with all the bands, eating
> >> steaks and drinking beer. We opened for Foghat, Foghat opened for WAR,
> >> and WAR opened for Joan Jett. This pic was recovered from a failing
> >> laptop drive just today (Craig's girlfriend's machine), using a live
> >> UBUNTU DVD. ;)
> >>

> >> http://members.cox.net/glennbopix/OpenForFoghat.jpg
> >
> > Was this the original Foghat with Lonesome Dave on lead vocals and
> > backing guitars?
>
> No, he died in 2000, and this gig was in 2005.
>
> It was this lineup. http://www.foghat.net/meettheband.htm

Cool. That band played in a bar right down the street.

Poly

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Rock and Roll Lives