From: Lawrence Garvin [MVP] on
> Glen wrote:

>> Is there a way to un-expire an update and push it down?

No.

>> What can I do if I mistakenly expire an update?

You cannot *expire* an update; only Microsoft can *expire* an update.

Perhaps the term you meant to use is *decline*? Please clarify your
question.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA

From: Glen on
I didn't decline it. It shows as expired and says it is recommended that I
decline it. It is the update for group policy extensions for XP clients. If
it is expired, I assume it must have been supersceded by another update.

Thank you for the clarifications.

From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
On 2010-02-09 11:30 a.m., Glen wrote:

> I didn't decline it. It shows as expired and says it is recommended that I
> decline it. It is the update for group policy extensions for XP clients. If
> it is expired, I assume it must have been supersceded by another update.

For the record, you can effectively un-expire an update by explicitly approving
an earlier revision. However, you almost certainly shouldn't - if you ever
think you need to, check with an expert first. :-)

Harry.

--
"I wish that, just once, some terrorist would try something that you can only
foil by upgrading the passengers to first class and giving them free drinks."
From: Lawrence Garvin [MVP] on
"Glen" <Glen(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I didn't decline it. It shows as expired and says it is recommended that I
> decline it. It is the update for group policy extensions for XP clients.
> If
> it is expired, I assume it must have been supersceded by another update.

Nope.

*Expired* updates are usually indications that REVISIONS have been
published.

Look in the revision history for that update.

Superceding updates are published as an entirely new package, and rarely
involve expiring a superceded package
(unless the superceded package is so defective or dysfunctional that it is
dangerous to deploy to a system).

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA