From: GoldStar on
SBS2003 with 5 PCs - I cannot ping with IP address or Names although clients
can read directory on server. Up until yesterday DHCP was dishing out leases
and today, it didn't. Gave up in the end.

Any pointer as to where I could find info as to what could be wrong

From: Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] on
What has changed? Is the DHCP server started on the SBS?

From any station, what is the ip address shown with ipconfig /all

If you type it this way:

ipconfig /all > c:\iptest.txt

you will get a text file in the root of C that you can open with notpad and
post back the contents.

-Larry

-Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit.

-Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com

From: Kerry Brown on
SBS will disable DHCP if it sees another DHCP server on the network. Coupled
with the name resolution problem I'd suspect another DHCP server is giving
out leases with the wrong DNS options. Have you recently added a new router,
wireless access point, reset the router etc?

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/

From: GoldStar on
Yes, I did change the router because the last one packed up but settings are
exactly same and DHCP on router was turned off before being installed. DHCP
on SBS2003 is running but not giving out leases - because clients cannot see
the server.

From: Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] on
If the stations are not getting IPs from the SBS DHCP they are not physically
connected or there is a process on the stations that prevents it. Not much
else it can be.

Verify that there is no "internet security" or other such stuff running on
the stations, and give one of them a static IP in the same range as the SBS
internal nic. You will not be required to reboot, but you can if you wish.
Now try to ping the server by ip and by name.

-Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit.
-Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Outlook over HTTP