From: nagendra prasad on
Hi All,

I am working on a site which is developed in joomala. We have our domain on
www.net4.in. Initially we have tested the site on the WAMP server locally.
On the wamp server its working fine, however when we tried to configure it
on www.net4.in its not working at all. The site is giving an error called
"unable to connect to database". I have already configured the config file.
Can anyone tell me how to connect the script with the database? Dose anyone
have any experience working on www.net4.in control panel?

Best,
Guru.
From: Ritesh Raghuvanshi on
you need to first check if mysql there on the server is allowed to accept
connections from any IP.

then configure accordingly your connection credentials including port,
password etc.

Regards,
Ritesh Raghuvanshi
(+91) 9702 97 3614

From: "3dgtech" on
Hi there,

You will have to adjust the configuration file (configuration.php) in your
root folder for the new site.
var $host = xxxx;
var $user = xxxx;
var $db = xxxx;
they have to reflect the new settings.
Hope that helps.

Eli Aschkenasy

From: Vinay Kannan on
I am guessing the message "unable to connect to database" is something you
have echoed on a die() or as an error message, could you tell us what is the
step before this.

Also just check if the database is set correctly, and the user name and the
password is correct.

Some hosts use the host as localhost, some others do it differently. some
hosts have your primary user name perpended to the database username etc...

Check the configs. I believe its got to do with the host or
username/password

Thanks,
Vinay