From: sudha on
Hi,

I am trying to setup my work email account on exchange server in Outlook
2003 on windows vista on my personal PC but whenever i try to do "check name"
it gives me the following pop message:

"The action could not be completed. The connection to the Micorsoft Exchange
Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this
action."

I will really appreciate any advice or guidance on what's going wrong here.

Regards,
sudha
From: VanguardLH on
sudha wrote:

> I am trying to setup my work email account on exchange server in Outlook
> 2003 on windows vista on my personal PC but whenever i try to do "check name"
> it gives me the following pop message:
>
> "The action could not be completed. The connection to the Micorsoft Exchange
> Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this
> action."

And is your host connected to the company network where is the Exchange
server? You don't say if this "setup" is with your host at work or
outside of work.

And are you logging onto Windows using your account for your company's
domain?

If you are outside your company's network (i.e., at home or travelling),
ask your company's helpdesk if they permit external access to their
Exchange server and how to access it.