From: ferg on
Hi there,

I've been experiencing the same problems as described below. I've
extracted the SP2 executable to local disk, and it creates an [amd64]
folder. The problem is that the Add Component Wizard is now asking for
a file "wiismap.dll" from an [i386] folder... The extracted directory
hierarchy doesn't contain an i386 folder, nor does it contain the
wiismap file.
My next move, as I see it, is to extract the x86 Service Pack 2 side
by side with the x64 one (as this probably has an i386 foler), but
this seems very ropey. Does anyone know if there's a better/official
way to do this?

Regards,
Fergus

From: ferg on
On May 10, 10:01 am, ferg <fergd...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've been experiencing the same problems as described below. I've
> extracted the SP2 executable to local disk, and it creates an [amd64]
> folder. The problem is that the Add Component Wizard is now asking for
> a file "wiismap.dll" from an [i386] folder... The extracted directory
> hierarchy doesn't contain an i386 folder, nor does it contain the
> wiismap file.
> My next move, as I see it, is to extract the x86 Service Pack 2 side
> by side with the x64 one (as this probably has an i386 foler), but
> this seems very ropey. Does anyone know if there's a better/official
> way to do this?
>
> Regards,
> Fergus

Well I went ahead with it.
In case anyone is interested, I pointed the install wizard back at the
C:\i386 folder on the local drive. The wizard, still wasn't happy
however and also wanted files from the original Windows 2003 Server
install CD. Once it was fed those, it finished up without error -
whether it works or not now is another matter...