From: Zee Parrott Zee on
I am running Windows 7 and downloaded VPC but I am not able to install it on
my computer. My processor does not support Virtualization Technology and my
school professor keeps telling me he has manages to install VPC on "every
conceivable CPU". Is there a way to run VPC on my machine?
From: marfi on
Użytkownik "Zee Parrott" <Zee Parrott(a)discussions.microsoft.com> napisał w
wiadomości news:0B08AE08-583A-4A8A-BD27-AC89FE9BDB24(a)microsoft.com...
>Is there a way to run VPC on my machine?

Try install VPC 2007... or VMware Player.

--
marfi

From: Mark Rae [MVP] on
"Zee Parrott" <Zee Parrott(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I am running Windows 7 and downloaded VPC but I am not able to install it
> on
> my computer. My processor does not support Virtualization Technology and
> my
> school professor keeps telling me he has manages to install VPC on "every
> conceivable CPU". Is there a way to run VPC on my machine?

Are you *absolutely* certain you download Virtual PC 2007 and not Windows
Virtual PC? They're not the same thing...
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=04D26402-3199-48A3-AFA2-2DC0B40A73B6&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Virtual-PC/default.aspx

Vindows Virtual PC requires VT, VPC 2007 doesn't...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP