From: Da Mack Da on
I am trying to backup my sharepoint server using Backup Exec. I am running
in to the error I listed in my subject. I try to go to
http://<server>:<port>/CentralDatabaseLock.aspx to release the lock but that
doesn't work. It shows the lock being the process of creating the site which
is 100% complete.

This is a sharepoint 2003 server running on Win2k3 SP2 with a SQL 2000
backend. If there are any ideas on how to fix this please let me know.
Currently I am able to do SQL backups of the database fine, but I would
prefer to use the sharepoint agent.

Thanks!
From: Daniel Bugday on
Hi,

You could check what locks are held in SQL when starting the backup job from
backup exec.

/Daniel Bugday

From: Da Mack on
I checked SQL and tried killing the locks that looked questionable. I am not
quite sure it is a sql problem at this point. I have rebooted my SQL server
multiple times. I even moved my sharepoint farm to a new server and am still
having issues.