From: mario on
According to Netgear it was an XP driver. The OS did not detect it when it
was plugged back in. This same thing happened on two different computers.
The only thing that Netgear could offer was that the adapter was defective.
I returned it for a replacement which I haven't received yet.

Mario

From: mario on
Another post suggested opening up the permissions on the keys I wanted to
delete with regdt32. That solved the problem. I was then able to delete the
Netgear keys.

Mario

From: Jack (MVP-Networking). on
Hi
Another trick is to rename the Hidden Devices, then they are easly removed
from the Registry and the system.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

From: Pavel A. on
"mario" wrote:
Another post suggested opening up the permissions on the keys I wanted to
> delete with regdt32. That solved the problem. I was then able to delete the
> Netgear keys.

Yes, the install failure can happen because of defective hardware.
Of course you can change permission on the enum registry branch and
delete the keys, but these keys are not what causes the problem,
and they are specially protected by purpose. Be very sure you know
what you do there.

Regards,
--PA

From: mario on
Thanks for the hint. I hope I never have to use it though.

Mario

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> Another trick is to rename the Hidden Devices, then they are easly removed
> from the Registry and the system.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "mario" <mario(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Another post suggested opening up the permissions on the keys I wanted to
> > delete with regdt32. That solved the problem. I was then able to delete
> > the
> > Netgear keys.
> >
> > Mario
> >
> > "mario" wrote:
> >
> >> According to Netgear it was an XP driver. The OS did not detect it when
> >> it
> >> was plugged back in. This same thing happened on two different
> >> computers.
> >> The only thing that Netgear could offer was that the adapter was
> >> defective.
> >> I returned it for a replacement which I haven't received yet.
> >>
> >> Mario

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: WLAN on vista