From: John on
In article <uYzufutZJHA.1336(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>,
"Steve House [MVP]" <sjhouse at hotmail dot com> wrote:

> What is the actual end result you're trying to achieve here - load a
> variable with the actual text used in the current version so you can display
> it later or are you trying to create a constant to later compare to see if a
> field either contains a date entry or displays "NA" or the local version
> equivalent?
>
> If the object is to test whether a date field contains a valid date or is
> displaying NA, try the IsDate function. For example, in a project file
> containing 1 task, the expression IsDate(ActiveProject.Task(1).ActualFinish)
> returns True if a finish date has been entered and False if it's showing NA.
> Does that help get you where you need to be?
> --
> Steve House [Project MVP]
> MS Project Trainer & Consultant
> Visit http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm for the FAQs

Steve,
Sorry, I didn't notice that you suggested the IsDate several hours
before I posted. At least we're thinking along the same lines :-)

John

From: Binoy on
Thanks All.

The isDate function helps to resolve this issue in a language independent
manner. It returns false when the date is NA.