From: savedbygrace on
I want to uninstall Windows Search 4.0. But when I went to remove it using
the add/remove program, I got a message that listed several programs that
have been installed after Windows Search 4.0 was installed and it states "if
these programs depend on Windows Search 4.0, they might not work properly
after it is removed." There were far too many programs to list that it
listed but here are a few: WebEx, Acrobat.com, Security Update for Windows
Internet Explorer 7, Update for Windows XP, and the list goes on.

Can I go ahead and remove Windows Search 4.0 anyway or could removing it
truly mess up my whole computer?

From: Shenan Stanley on
savedbygrace wrote:
> I want to uninstall Windows Search 4.0. But when I went to remove
> it using the add/remove program, I got a message that listed
> several programs that have been installed after Windows Search 4.0
> was installed and it states "if these programs depend on Windows
> Search 4.0, they might not work properly after it is removed."
> There were far too many programs to list that it listed but here
> are a few: WebEx, Acrobat.com, Security Update for Windows
> Internet Explorer 7, Update for Windows XP, and the list goes on.
>
> Can I go ahead and remove Windows Search 4.0 anyway or could
> removing it truly mess up my whole computer?

Remove it - you'll be fine - and probably have a better performing computer.
;-)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP