From: Hun Chee Tham on
I have an "Unknown Device" with a yellow question mark in "Other Devices" in
my Device Manager. Windows XP Pro did not install any drivers for the device
and "ACPI/ATK0110/1010110" was listed under properties for the device. Even
the Windows Update service does not have a driver for the device. Anyone
knows what device drivers I must have missed installing?

From: Paul on
In article <B9Qle.3747$BR4.1974(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>, "Hun Chee
Tham" <hctham(a)bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> I have an "Unknown Device" with a yellow question mark in "Other Devices" in
> my Device Manager. Windows XP Pro did not install any drivers for the device
> and "ACPI/ATK0110/1010110" was listed under properties for the device. Even
> the Windows Update service does not have a driver for the device. Anyone
> knows what device drivers I must have missed installing?

The ATK stands for AsusTeK, and this is a pseudo-device driver.
The AIBooster software has a driver in it. Perhaps installing that
software will make the "?" go away.

Paul
From: Len Mattix on
It appears to be valid... I have the device under "System" on my AMD64 3200+
with the same A8N-SLI Dlx board. The driver is what appears to be a ATK(?)
driver for it: ASACPI.sys found in the system32\drivers folder. Just says
it is a "Windows Hardware Compatability Publisher".

Don't how much help this would be but good luck!

Len

From: Mark A on
"Len Mattix" <len207(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It appears to be valid... I have the device under "System" on my AMD64
> 3200+ with the same A8N-SLI Dlx board. The driver is what appears to be a
> ATK(?) driver for it: ASACPI.sys found in the system32\drivers folder.
> Just says it is a "Windows Hardware Compatability Publisher".
>
> Don't how much help this would be but good luck!
>
> Len

The OP should install the mb driver disk that came with the motherboard.
That should resolve the issue. The mb drivers can also be downloaded from
the Asus website.

From: Hun Chee Tham on
Installed the AIBooster a few minutes ago and sure enought no more "Unknown
Device" and yellow question mark. Thanks everyone especially Paul.

Hun Chee Tham