From: Jeff MacDonald on

On 2010-06-16, at 11:37 AM, Richard Quadling wrote:

> On 16 June 2010 15:26, Jeff MacDonald <jeff(a)bignose.ca> wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> One of my developers is reporting a problem on our Live server but not our devel server.
>>
>> Specifically when someon uploads a photo taken by a KODAK EASYSHARE C813, and that image gets processed by imagecreatefromjpeg(), the function returns false.
>>
>> Our Devel Server Info [this works fine]
>> PHP Version : 5.2.6-3
>> GD Version: 2.0 or higher.
>> EXIF Version: 1.4
>>
>> Our Live Server Info [this one is the one that fails]
>> PHP Version: 5.2.13
>> GD Version : 2.0.34 compatible
>> EXIF Version : 1.4
>>
>> To see an example of this in action,
>>
>> Working function : http://www.equipmentsearch.com/~jeff/tmp/image.php?i=w
>> Not working function : http://www.equipmentsearch.com/~jeff/tmp/image.php?i=n
>>
>> http://www.equipmentsearch.com/~jeff/tmp/image.php.txt is the code.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of where to look next?
>>
>> Jeff.
>> --
>>

> The @ is suppressing this notice ...
>
> Notice: imagecreatefromjpeg(): gd-jpeg, libjpeg: recoverable error:
> Corrupt JPEG data: 31 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd9

Thanks!

I guess I'm wondering why this works on the Devel server but not the live?

Jeff.

From: Richard Quadling on
On 16 June 2010 15:37, Richard Quadling <rquadling(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 June 2010 15:26, Jeff MacDonald <jeff(a)bignose.ca> wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> One of my developers is reporting a problem on our Live server but not our devel server.
>>
>> Specifically when someon uploads a photo taken by a KODAK EASYSHARE C813, and that image gets processed by imagecreatefromjpeg(), the function returns false.
>>
>> Our Devel Server Info [this works fine]
>>        PHP Version : 5.2.6-3
>>        GD Version: 2.0 or higher.
>>        EXIF Version: 1.4
>>
>> Our Live Server Info [this one is the one that fails]
>>        PHP Version: 5.2.13
>>        GD Version : 2.0.34 compatible
>>        EXIF Version : 1.4
>>
>> To see an example of this in action,
>>
>> Working function : http://www.equipmentsearch.com/~jeff/tmp/image.php?i=w
>> Not working function : http://www.equipmentsearch.com/~jeff/tmp/image.php?i=n
>>
>> http://www.equipmentsearch.com/~jeff/tmp/image.php.txt is the code.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of where to look next?
>>
>> Jeff.
>> --
>>

> The @ is suppressing this notice ...
>
> Notice: imagecreatefromjpeg(): gd-jpeg, libjpeg: recoverable error:
> Corrupt JPEG data: 31 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd9

Using djpeg -verbose notworking.jpg

Independent JPEG Group's DJPEG, version 7 27-Jun-2009
Copyright (C) 2009, Thomas G. Lane, Guido Vollbeding
Start of Image
Miscellaneous marker 0xe1, length 17066
Miscellaneous marker 0xe2, length 118
Miscellaneous marker 0xe2, length 514
Miscellaneous marker 0xe2, length 43270
Define Huffman Table 0x01
Define Huffman Table 0x11
Define Huffman Table 0x00
Define Huffman Table 0x10
Define Quantization Table 1 precision 0
Define Quantization Table 0 precision 0
Define Restart Interval 113
Start Of Frame 0xc0: width=1800, height=1200, components=3
Component 1: 2hx2v q=0
Component 2: 1hx1v q=1
Component 3: 1hx1v q=1
Start Of Scan: 3 components
Component 1: dc=0 ac=0
Component 2: dc=1 ac=1
Component 3: dc=1 ac=1
Ss=0, Se=63, Ah=0, Al=0
Unexpected marker 0xd2
Corrupt JPEG data: 31 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd9
End Of Image

--
-----
Richard Quadling
From: Jeff MacDonald on

On 2010-06-16, at 11:44 AM, Richard Quadling wrote:

> On 16 June 2010 15:37, Richard Quadling <rquadling(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 16 June 2010 15:26, Jeff MacDonald <jeff(a)bignose.ca> wrote:
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> One of my developers is reporting a problem on our Live server but not our devel server.
>>>
>>> Specifically when someon uploads a photo taken by a KODAK EASYSHARE C813, and that image gets processed by imagecreatefromjpeg(), the function returns false.
>>>
>>> Our Devel Server Info [this works fine]
>>> PHP Version : 5.2.6-3
>>> GD Version: 2.0 or higher.
>>> EXIF Version: 1.4
>>>
>>> Our Live Server Info [this one is the one that fails]
>>> PHP Version: 5.2.13
>>> GD Version : 2.0.34 compatible
>>> EXIF Version : 1.4
>>>
>>> To see an example of this in action,
>>>
>>> Working function : http://www.equipmentsearch.com/~jeff/tmp/image.php?i=w
>>> Not working function : http://www.equipmentsearch.com/~jeff/tmp/image.php?i=n
>>>
>>> http://www.equipmentsearch.com/~jeff/tmp/image.php.txt is the code.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of where to look next?
>>>
>>> Jeff.
>>> --
>>>

>> The @ is suppressing this notice ...
>>
>> Notice: imagecreatefromjpeg(): gd-jpeg, libjpeg: recoverable error:
>> Corrupt JPEG data: 31 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd9

It would seem our Devel server has GD 2.0.36

Our Live server has GD 2.0.34

So Presumably if i upgrade live it should work.

Jeff.