From: Dennis on
The program to test that drive from the manufacturer says the drive is
fine. So I don't know why I'm getting a message that it is failing.

From: Dennis on
Did the Mcafee clean and reinstall. Still getting the "Critical Stop
Tone" got this in Event Viewer:

From: Jo-Anne on
I pasted "time service has not been able to synchronize the system time"
into Google and got some interesting hits, including information about the
exact message you saw in Event Viewer. Perhaps something there will help
you?

Jo-Anne

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Has your McAfee subscription ever expired, if only for a day or so?

Is Automatic Updates enabled? If not, can you enable it, reboot & find that
it's still enabled?

Can you reach http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and run a CUSTOM scan for
updates? If so, can you successfully install any critical security updates
offered?

The above notwithstanding...

>>> The driver has detected that device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 has
>>> predicted that it will fail. Immediately back up your data and
>>> replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent.

I strongly suggest that you take the above warning seriously!

From: Dennis on
McAfee has never expired that I know about. Automatic updates
is set to download updates for me, but let me chose when to
install them.
I can go to Windows Update and do custom scans for updates.
All critical updates are installed.
All info on the questionable hard disk is saved to an external
hard drive. The software from the drive manufacture does not
find any problem with the drive.