From: foxmore on
I have Win XP Home SP3, Windows Live OneCare and Update set on Automatic. It
worked fine. However recently, every time I reboot Windows, a yellow shield
icon appears in the notification area saying updates are available. There
are four updates for MS .NET - KB 982524, KB 982168, KB 979909 and KB
974417. I installed these updates "successfully" several times,
nevertheless, they pop up again and again. I disabled the automatic update,
but my WLOC got red...
How to get reed of these updates?

--
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida

From: VanguardLH on
foxmore wrote:

> I have Win XP Home SP3, Windows Live OneCare and Update set on Automatic. It
> worked fine. However recently, every time I reboot Windows, a yellow shield
> icon appears in the notification area saying updates are available. There
> are four updates for MS .NET - KB 982524, KB 982168, KB 979909 and KB
> 974417. I installed these updates "successfully" several times,
> nevertheless, they pop up again and again. I disabled the automatic update,
> but my WLOC got red...
> How to get reed of these updates?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Live_OneCare

Since support ended back in June 2009 and presuming the maximum term for
a subscription is 1 year, you are now at the end of your subscription
for an unsupported product. Uninstall OneCare and move to Microsoft
Security Essentials.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Security_Essentials
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
[crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]

When does your OneCare subscription expire?

Open Add/Remove Programs | Make sure the SHOW UPDATES box at the top is
checked | Scroll down & tell me which, if any, of the following are listed:
KB982524, KB982168, KB979909 and KB974417 ??
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: foxmore on
PA Bear,

sure, the KB 979909 and KB 974417 were installed on 6/23/10, but the KB
982524, KB 982168 were not... My WLOC subscription expires in September and,
of course, I'll switch to MS Essentials.

Now, how to install the other two Kb and get rid off of the reminder?

Ilya

From: D. on
I hope that you get an answer as
I have the same problem .