From: Kawboy on
I've just had a read of my PDF "How to do everything with Microsoft Office
Excel 2003" by Guy Hart-Davis, and in the section about security, it
suggested I try Tools - Options - Security and remove the "password to
modify" password ...

.... naaaaah, that sounds way too obviously simple ...........

Thats Guy, I owe you one - problem solved.

As you were.
From: Kawboy on
Further investigation and tests revealed I had not password sheets or
workbook but used the Tools - Options - Security - Fire sharing settings for
this workbook to put in a password.

*sits in corner very quietly with bright red glow of embarassment on face*

I knew it would be something incredibly simple that I had overlooked.

So long and thanks for all the fish.