From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 10 May 2010 08:30:01 -0700, Dorian <Dorian(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Where exactly are the MS Access 'forum's. I just spent 30 minutes looking for
>it. Got several javascript runtime errors in the web pages - and I'm using
>Internet Explorer!

Is this where you were looking?

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz/threads

You can see why some of us are a bit upset.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: david on

"Fred" <Fred(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anybody see where there is a real Access section in the "forum"
>
> From what I can (at first look) see there isn't. Seems like just the
> usual Microsoft style - vague spotty mess - just tips on Access 2007.
>
> Maybe their "third party sites" is the direction. First leave Microsoft
> for the info, then migrate to Open Office.

Yes, that is pretty much my opinion. While these groups are open, I'm happy
to drop by and return some of the benefit I got from these groups 15 years
ago. When these groups are gone, I guess so am I.

I will miss the politeness and the helpfulness of the long time contributors
like Tony -- there is nothing like that anywhere on news.gmane.org -- so I'm
not likely to spend much time with the arrogant self-important vanity of any
Open Source groups.

(david)

From: Larry Daugherty on
It must be that the Progressives have gotten control at MS just as
they have in two of the three branches of the US government. All on
their own they decide what is best for the universe and our roles
within it and then dictate to us what will transpire without the
option.! These Access mewsgrps are a terrific source of help to
Access developers at all levels and have been for a long, long time.
I believe that they have contributed more to Access's dominance in the
marketplace than MS or anyone else acknowledges.

Don't despair. It doesn't require the support of Microsoft to have
newsgroups that support Access or any other interest. If there are
sufficient people who want to make it real then there is no bar to
continuing them. In the early days there was a tremendous spirit of
contribution. Many of the pioneers have gone on to establish and
support their own web sites and many of them still drop in to
contribute here.

--
-Larry-

From: Fred on
Maybe we could discuss here picking one of them and then everybody urge
everybody to switch to it. Give it the critical mass to become a/the main
Access one.

My vote would be to find one that also has at least a tiny bit on Open
Office DB and very low low end SQL server.

From: Fred on
Maybe we should discuss and pick one of those groups for everybody to
recommend to everybody. That might give it the critical mass to become the
replacement for this (for Access)

My vote would be for one that has at least covers Open Office DB and low end
SQL server a bit.