From: Dee Earley on
On 13/07/2010 09:54, Steve Gr wrote:
> "Leo"<ttdhead(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> This is a VB6 only newsgroup not a .not newsgroup. Please try the MS
>> forums.
>
> Forums yuk!

It's where Microsoft want you to go today! :p

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
From: Steve Gr on

> Then try your luck with the now closed (on the MS server) .not newsgroup.

Did you have one in mind? All the ones I've looked at so far are almost
dead, with hardly any recent posts or replies.

microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.controls
microsoft.public.dotnet.vb.general
microsoft.public.vstudio.development
microsoft.public.vstudio.general

It is a shame.
Steve

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Steve Gr explained on 7/13/2010 :
> "Leo" <ttdhead(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Then try your luck with the now closed (on the MS server) .not newsgroup.
>>

> Did you have one in mind? All the ones I've looked at so far are almost dead,
> with hardly any recent posts or replies.
>
> microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.controls
> microsoft.public.dotnet.vb.general
> microsoft.public.vstudio.development
> microsoft.public.vstudio.general
>
> It is a shame.

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but did you look on their server
or another source on usenet?

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Steve Gr on
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
> Steve Gr explained on 7/13/2010 :
>> "Leo" <ttdhead(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Then try your luck with the now closed (on the MS server) .not
>>> newsgroup.
>>>

>> Did you have one in mind? All the ones I've looked at so far are almost
>> dead, with hardly any recent posts or replies.
>>
>> microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.controls
>> microsoft.public.dotnet.vb.general
>> microsoft.public.vstudio.development
>> microsoft.public.vstudio.general
>>
>> It is a shame.
>
> Sorry if this is an obvious question, but did you look on their server or
> another source on usenet?
>
> --
> .NET: It's About Trust!
> http://vfred.mvps.org

Hi Karl,

I looked on both. The newsgroups I listed aren't on the msnews.microsoft.com
server, they are on my ISP's server, but they're not very active.

Steve

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Steve Gr brought next idea :
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote...
>> Steve Gr explained on 7/13/2010 :
>>> "Leo" <ttdhead(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Did you have one in mind? All the ones I've looked at so far are almost
>>> dead, with hardly any recent posts or replies.
>>>
>>> microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.controls
>>> microsoft.public.dotnet.vb.general
>>> microsoft.public.vstudio.development
>>> microsoft.public.vstudio.general
>>>
>>> It is a shame.
>>
>> Sorry if this is an obvious question, but did you look on their server or
>> another source on usenet?
>
> I looked on both. The newsgroups I listed aren't on the msnews.microsoft.com
> server, they are on my ISP's server, but they're not very active.

Huh. Well, yeah, looking at news.eternal-september.org, I see 15,
1598, 56, and 232 messages, respectively. (Although the second one
doesn't actually exist, so I used m.p.dotnet.languages.vb instead?)

I guess the folks using that set of tools has, in large part, followed
Microsoft blindly into the world of web forums? Damn shame for them,
really. Not too surprising, though.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org