From: Dan O on
I got a dialog box on the server console (without even logging in) that says:

Microsoft.SBS.UpadteServices.SyncServices.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x7c82caa2" references memory at "0x00000000". The
memeory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.

Anyone ideas? I have seen other memeory 'read' errors, in this forum, but
none from this app...
--
Thanks in advance.
Dan O
From: Robert Li [MSFT] on
Hi Dan,

Thanks for posting in our newsgroup.

From your description, I know that you get the following error message on
the SBS 2003 WUSU console:

Microsoft.SBS.UpadteServices.SyncServices.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x7c82caa2" references memory at "0x00000000". The
memeory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.

If I am off-base, please don't hesitate to let me know.

First, the error is related to software or service crash, to trouble
shouting RAM issue, debugging is needed. Based on technical limit, our
newsgroup doesn't provide support for debugging. We will try our best to
help you on this issue. If the problem cannot be resolved, please contact
CSS for more help. Thanks for your understanding.

Please try the following steps to narrow down this problem:

Step 1: Please make a clean boot to make sure the problem is not caused by
some third party software.

1. Click Start->Run...->type msconfig and press Enter.
2. Click Services tab and select Hide All Microsoft Services and Disable
All third party Services.
3. Click Startup tab and Disable All startup items.
4. Click OK and choose Restart.
5. After reboot, check whether the problem still occurs.
6. If there are no more problems, please use the above steps to enable
services and startup items one by one in order to figure out the root cause
of this issue.

If the problem persists, please help me collect the MPS Report for further
research:

MPS Report

1) Download MPS report tool from:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/b/1/bb139fcb-4aac-4fe5-a579-30b0bd9
15706/MPSRPT_SETUPPerf.EXE
2) Run the MPSRPT_SETUPPerf.exe on the server box.
3) Wait for 10~15 minutes.
4) Open Windows explorer, navigate to
%SYSTEMROOT%\MPSReports\Setup\Reports\cab\
5) Send the .cab file to v-robeli(a)microsoft.com with subject:
38702405-Update services error.

I am looking forward to hear from you.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Robert Li(MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

You can locate the newsgroup here:

issue.

--------------------
<From: =?Utf-8?B?RGFuIE8=?= <DanO(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
<Subject: Update services error
<Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:30:02 -0700
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
<
<I got a dialog box on the server console (without even logging in) that
says:
<
<Microsoft.SBS.UpadteServices.SyncServices.exe - Application Error
<
<The instruction at "0x7c82caa2" references memory at "0x00000000". The
<memeory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.
<
<Anyone ideas? I have seen other memeory 'read' errors, in this forum, but
<none from this app...
<--
<Thanks in advance.
<Dan O
<

From: Dan O on
Robert,

I thought the memory could not be read was more figurative than literal. If
you think it is a RAM error, I should just use a bootable RAM testing
application, right? I would assume it would help me solve the issue?
--
Dan O

From: Robert Li [MSFT] on
Hi Dan,

Thanks for updating.

I am sorry for the typo, this shall be a software/service crash issue, not
hardware RAM related. Please don't make RAM test. Thanks for your
understanding.

Please kindly help me collect the MPS Report for further research.

I am looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards,

Robert Li(MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

You can locate the newsgroup here:

issue.

--------------------
<From: =?Utf-8?B?RGFuIE8=?= <DanO(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
<Subject: RE: Update services error
<Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 06:58:00 -0700
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
<
<Robert,
<
<I thought the memory could not be read was more figurative than literal.
If
<you think it is a RAM error, I should just use a bootable RAM testing
<application, right? I would assume it would help me solve the issue?
<--
<Dan O
<
<
<"Robert Li [MSFT]" wrote:
<
<> Hi Dan,
<>
[...]
<> Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<>
<> =====================================================
<>
[...]
<> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
<>
<> --------------------
<> <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGFuIE8=?= <DanO(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
<> <Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:30:02 -0700
<> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
<> <
<> <I got a dialog box on the server console (without even logging in) that
<> says:
<> <
<> <Microsoft.SBS.UpadteServices.SyncServices.exe - Application Error
<> <
<> <The instruction at "0x7c82caa2" references memory at "0x00000000". The
<> <memeory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.
<> <
<> <Anyone ideas? I have seen other memeory 'read' errors, in this forum,
but
<> <none from this app...
<> <--
<> <Thanks in advance.