From: hdinkins on

I have an SBS 2003 R2 Server that at least twice a day the DHCP server
crashes sometimes rendering the machine inaccessible remotely. The
error is
Event ID 1000*"Faulting application tcpsvcs.exe, version 5.2.3790.0,
faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000103."* I
have uninstalled and reinstalled DHCP yet I am still getting the
crashes. I have Panda Business Secure/Exchange w/Tru Prevent
Technologies installed as my A/V solution. No other DHCP servers on
the network (DHCP turned off for local LAN on Router). Have looked for
an answer everywhere but haven't found a solution. I have noticed that
every time it occurs, 10 seconds before the crash the server logs an
informational *"The description for Event ID ( 5050 ) in Source ( IAS )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details." *About 30 minutes later
the same informational message is logged. Whenever I access the server
after the crash it logs an Application Error Event ID 1004 "Reporting
queued error: faulting application tcpsvcs.exe, version 5.2.3790.0,
faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000103."
I sometimes get an Event ID 1001 App Error a few minutes after which is
typically a "Fault bucket 156882893." Any help would be greatly
appeciated. Have hit a wall.

--
hdinkins
hdinkins's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=24748

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Owen Williams [SBS MVP] on
In article <hdinkins.2p7zvf(a)DoNotSpam.com>,
hdinkins.2p7zvf(a)DoNotSpam.com says...

Any help here?

The DHCP service generates a random access violation in the Tcpsvcs.exe
service on a Windows Server 2003-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897655/

-- Owen Williams (SBS MVP)