From: freakrz on
I have this W32 Time Event in my logs very frequently,i guess this
relates to the synchro with the server online,how do i fix this.I have
come across an article that describes there is a hotfix from microsoft
for this.whats is the best practice to follow to correct this.

Thank You,
FRK

Details

Product: Windows 2003 SBS SP-1

ID: 50

Source: W32Time

Version: 5.2

Symbolic Name: MSG_LOCALCLOCK_UNSET

Message: The time service detected a time difference of greater than
%1 milliseconds for %2 seconds. The time difference might be caused by
synchronization with low-accuracy time sources or by suboptimal
network conditions. The time service is no longer synchronized and
cannot provide the time to other clients or update the system clock.
When a valid time stamp is received from a time service provider, the
time service will correct itself.

From: Costas on
It seems there was a problem that was causing this error and there was a
hotfix for it. Have you applied all the required updates to the server? If
not, then maybe the following article can be of help
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830092

Costas

From: POP on
May I suggest you search this NG... there have been many posts about this...
there are issues with the default install time servers...

In one of the posts is instructions with a batch file that will solve your
issue... Many thanks to Les for the post.

In addition if applicable to you it could be related to the daylight fix
needed.