From: arieopsafari on
I have solved this by enabling de Compression Filter in ISA2004

Configuration > Add-Ins > tab Wel Filters > properties Compression
Filter > select Enable This filer. > Ok > Apply.

gtz,
Izaan

From: jaredean on
Worked perfectly -- thanks...

From: Terence Liu [MSFT] on
Hello Jered,

Thank you for kind update. And thanks for Lzaan's input.

I'm glad to hear that things are working correctly for you now.

I'd like to make a summary for this post:

Issue:
=============
Cannot browse certain internet web sites thru ISA 2004 and get error "502
proxy error".

Then web sites include:
www.rhapsody.com
www.staples.com

Resolutions:
=============
ISA 2004 console > Configuration > Add-Ins > Web Filters tab > properties
of compression Filter > select Enable this filer. > Ok > Apply.

Please do not hesitate to post in this great newsgroup if you need any
assistance in the future. I look forward to working with you again.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Best regards,

Terence Liu(MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

You can locate the newsgroup here:

issue.

| Thanks Terence -- I fixed it enabling the Compression Filter, but your
| directions below are great since they involve "clean up" types of
| things (clearing cache, etc.) and i love doing things like that when i
| have time to make sure that things are running smooth...
|
| Thanks for taking the time to give me this list of instructions...
|
| jared
|

| On Tue, 15 May 2007 02:51:41 GMT, v-terliu(a)online.microsoft.com
| (Terence Liu [MSFT]) wrote:
|
| >Hello Jared,
| >
| >Thank you for kind update.
| >
| >The step 1 to 6 is my suggestions in my previous reply. I'd like you to
try
| >them one by one in order. If the 6 suggestions can resolve your issue,
we
| >do not need to perform any gather info steps, and do not need to
schedule a
| >down time. If the all 6 suggestions can not resolve your issue, please
| >perform the next step 1 to 4 to gather info for me to narrow down this
| >issue.
| >
| >Hope these steps will give you some help.
| >
| >Thanks and have a nice day!
| >
| >Best regards,
| >
| >Terence Liu(MSFT)
| >
| >Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support
| >
| >Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| >
| >=====================================================
| >This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. If you have issues
| >regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in the
corresponding
| >newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely
manner.
| >You can locate the newsgroup here:
| >http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx
| >
| >When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check
the
| >"Notify me of replies" box to receive e-mail notifications when there
are
| >any updates in your thread. When responding to posts via your
newsreader,
| >please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
| >issue.
| >
| >Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
| >provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
| >different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In
doing
| >so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.
| >
| >For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly.
Please