From: Roger 2008 on

"Roger 2008" <rwpcs(a)att.net> wrote in message

> "Roger 2008" <rwpcs(a)att.net> wrote in message
> > "Rumor: Apple Rejecting SlingPlayer iPhone App to Please AT&T"
> >
> > "I know there's a lot of rumors swirling around, but we talk to Apple
> pretty
> > frequently about all sorts of stuff, and we haven't heard anything one
way
> > or the other as to acceptance of SlingPlayer for iPhone," SlingMedia
> > spokesman Jay Tannenbaum told Wired.com.
> >
> > AT&T and Apple declined to comment.
> >
> > http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2009/04/slingplayer.html
> >
> > I guess this is going to be a wait and see event.
>
> Note where it states "Wi-Fi only at Apple's request" below. from:
> http://www.slingmedia.com/go/iphone
>
> Device Requirements:
>
> SlingPlayer Mobile supports both iPhone & iPod touch
>
> Requires the 2.2.1 software update
> .
> 5 MB free memory is required on the iPhone or iPod touch to install the
> SlingPlayer Mobile
>
> Network download speed of 120Kbps (or higher)
>
> Streaming is restricted to Wi-Fi only at Apple's request

AT&T green-lights SlingPlayer on iPhone

It has taken almost a year, but on Thursday AT&T said it will start allowing
Sling Media's SlingPlayer to work over its 3G network on the iPhone.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-10447451-266.html

From: Sven on
And we at MICROSOFT.public.POCKETPC care because? We have been using
Slingplayer over 3G on AT&T on Windows Phones for quite some time. At least
I have. I guess congrats are in order for the iPhone crowd. Oh, and kudos on
the cut, copy and paste too. ;)

From: Roger 2008 on

"Sven" <sejohannsen(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Oh, and kudos on
> the cut, copy and paste too. ;)

I didn't know it was posted on alt.cellular.attws until after I posted.

Either way I don't like the new version of the Slingplayer for the HTC Touch
Pro because:

1. There is still no support for VGA screens.

2. There is still no day forward or day back for programming my DVR

3. Now the remote covers too much of the screen.

4. Now the remote no longer resembles the real remote.

5. Now there is no way to change the "Encoding Parameters" so you won't hit
5 gig of data so fast. Plus changing the "Encoding Parameters" can get rid
of places where the Slingplayer just stops cold.

BTW Skyfire now supports VGA screens but not Slingplayer.

Pages: 1
Prev: HTC HD2
Next: Syncing with Windows 7